Nu Creation Christian Center
Pastor Juan Cherry
MAIN IDEA: Pastor's intent(in my perspective) is to use Paul/Saul's zeal and conversion, along with a few poignant analogies to show us that: Each of us is SUCCESS in PROCESS and in various stages in PROGRESS! Even though currently we are not yet the Completed Package that God sees in us, we are what we need and we have everything that we need right now to be what are to become in Him. ~ Pastor Juan Cherry
SAUL/PAUL with the ingredients, but before the process and 'Edible' moment...
Acts 7:59 – 8:10
59 And they stoned Stephen (one of the first 7 deacons chosen) , calling upon God, and saying, Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.60 And he kneeled down, and cried with a loud voice, Lord, lay not this sin to their charge. And when he had said this, he fell asleep.Chapter 8 And Saul was consenting unto his death. And at that time there was a great persecution against the church, which was at Jerusalem; and they were all scattered abroad throughout the regions of Judaea and Samaria, except the apostles. 2 And devout men carried Stephen to his burial, and made great lamentation over him. 3 As for Saul, he made havoc of the church, entering into every house, and haling men and women committed them to prison. 4 Therefore they that were scattered abroad went everywhere preaching the word.
CAKE ANALOGY : When you buy the ingredients to make a cake, you already have a cake. In the grocery store, you have a cake. When you put the groceries in your car, you have a cake in the car. When you put the ingredients in your cupboard, you have a cake in the cabinet.
- The point: Metaphorically, our lives, are resemblant of the cake in that even in our raw state, we are all that God has required us to be; however, we are going through stages of development.
- While having the ingredients ensures that we have a cake, there is a certain time in the cake making process when the cake is ‘EDIBLE’ just like there are times when it is not; if we want the best results, we have to continue in the process so that our ‘EDIBLE’ time will come.
SAUL/PAUL ingredients consumed by God, after the process...
Isaiah 46:9-13 King James Version (KJV)
9 Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me, 10 Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:11 Calling a ravenous bird from the east, the man that executeth my counsel from a far country (this example exemplifies Saul for the purpose of this message): yea, I have spoken it, I will also bring it to pass; I have purposed it, I will also do it. 12 Hearken unto me, ye stouthearted, that are far from righteousness: 13 I bring near my righteousness; it shall not be far off, and my salvation shall not tarry: and I will place salvation in Zion for Israel my glory.
1. Paul used: His existence – Galatians 1:15
- a. Simply our birth confirms that God wants to use us
- a. Paulus/Saul were a testament to both citizenships. It was his Roman understanding of authority and leadership that made Paul so effective in ministry.
- a. He spoke several languages (Greek/Aramaic/Hebrew), which allowed him audience and understanding of the communications of several people. He was later sent to the Gentiles, a Hebrew speaking people. Hebrew was one of the languages Paul spoke.
- b. Paul was trained to be a Pharisee...He killed Christians because he believed in following the law to the letter not because he hated Christians.
- a. Paul used his combined his past experiences and knowledge into his conversation with the religious leaders to both confuse them and to make allies out of them. He had the power to persuade his audience.
SAUL/PAUL: 6 For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand.7 I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith:
8 Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.
Ephesians 2:10 – For we are his workmanship (poemia), created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.
PERSONAL CONFESSION : I am SUCCESS in PROCESS and in various stages in PROGRESS! Even though I am not what I want to be yet, I am what I need and I have everything that I need right now to be what I am to become in Christ. I will persist until my 'Edible' moment appears...