Pastor Juan Cherry
Scripture -- Genesis 22:1-14
Genesis 22 Amplified Bible (AMP)
1 After these events, God tested and proved Abraham and said to him, Abraham! And he said, Here I am. 2 [God] said, Take now your son, your only son Isaac, whom you love, and go to the region of Moriah; and offer him there as a burnt offering upon one of the mountains of which I will tell you. 3 So Abraham rose early in the morning, saddled his donkey, and took two of his young men with him and his son Isaac; and he split the wood for the burnt offering, and then began the trip to the place of which God had told him.
4 On the third day Abraham looked up and saw the place in the distance. 5 And Abraham said to his servants, Settle down and stay here with the donkey, and I and the young man will go yonder and worship and [a]come again to you. 6 Then Abraham took the wood for the burnt offering and laid it on [the shoulders of] Isaac his son, and he took the fire (the firepot) in his own hand, and a knife; and the two of them went on together.
7 And Isaac said to Abraham, My father! And he said, Here I am, my son. [Isaac] said, See, here are the fire and the wood, but where is the lamb for the burnt sacrifice?
8 Abraham said, My son, [b]God Himself will provide a lamb for the burnt offering. So the two went on together. 9 When they came to the place of which God had told him, Abraham built an altar there; then he laid the wood in order and [c]bound Isaac his son and laid him on the altar on the wood. 10 And Abraham stretched forth his hand and took hold of the knife to slay his son. 11 But the [d]Angel of the Lord called to him from heaven and said, Abraham, Abraham! He answered, Here I am.
12 And He said, Do not lay your hand on the lad or do anything to him; for now I know that you fear and revere God, since you have not held back from Me or begrudged giving Me your son, your only son. 13 Then Abraham looked up and glanced around, and behold, behind him was a ram caught in a thicket by his horns. And Abraham went and took the ram and offered it up for a burnt offering and an ascending sacrifice instead of his son! 14 So Abraham called the name of that place The Lord Will Provide. And it is said to this day, On the mount of the Lord it will be provided.
There are times when it will take something for you to know who God is.
- You must have CONFIDENCE in God in order for God to move on our behalf.
- There are times when we just need to lean on our brothers and sisters…
- Superman is strong and yet he is weak…
- We must maintain our confidence in face of and doubt -- Abraham’s confidence was evident in his progression up the mountain.
- You must have CONFESSION
- God will never ask you to do something that He Himself has not already done.
- You must manage your CONDITION
- This is that same son that Abraham waited 25 years to get.
- Abraham and Sarah’s situation and physical condition…finally they get Isaac…God said, “I want him…”
- You must be COMMITTED
- Abraham experienced God’s provision but he also went through a process
- We must learn to extract the testimony from the process
- ...but God! If there is not ‘but’ God, you need to sit your ‘butt’ down!
Provision is relevant; based upon what is needed or desired
- God is a ‘Need Meeter’
- Whenever you find yourself in a position when you have a need, that’s when you Meet God! …when He meets my need.
Provide: to make available, to supply or equip – A provider doesn’t create; he just make sure what’s been created is available.
- Faith does not create; it makes a demand on what is.
- You are not gonna be healed; you are healed now b/c healing is already done.
- Philippians 4:13 – But my God shall supply ALL according to your riches in glory by Christ Jesus…
Provision looks like resources
Provision looks like ability, empowerment, or anointing…
- Luke 4:18 – He has sent me…this was the provision to get things done!
Sometimes all we see is the need when God wants to give us the ability to meet the need.
- Deut. 8:18 -- … 18 But you shall [earnestly] remember the Lord your God, for it is He Who gives you power to get wealth, that He may establish His covenant which He swore to your fathers, as it is this day.
- Some people have money, other people ‘be money’
- You gotta work what you work…
- Romans 8 -- 32 He who did not withhold or spare [even] His own Son but gave Him up for us all, will He not also with Him freely and graciously give us all [other] things?
§ We don’t have to be broke, live without, God is no respecter of persons; if he did it for another man, He will do it for me.
§ Provision is buried in our purpose. When Abraham went up the Mtn. the ram already existed. When you are in the right place, provision is made. The provision that Abraham needed was initiated in the Garden. God makes the provision before there is a need because He is a provider.
§ God will orchestrate your circumstance in order to get you in the right place for his Provision.
CLOSE – Community Math Academy -- $400.00 per kid. (48,000 – 54,000 – 62,000) the first year the entire budget was accounted for before the first kid stepped on the campus.
Carowinds episode – “Yeah, he’s a provider…” I’m going to have to change the message. “God getting ready to start this car…”
…let there be and a man jumped out of me…breathed into him the breath of life…there is nothing you can run into that I have not taken care of…
Whatever you need…but God…He is a provider